Towing a golf trolley

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Have decided to become a car free zone the only regular problem i have is getting my golf clubs to the course - the trolley would seem to tow all right in a straight line but corners tricky - does anyone know of a rack mounting ball hitch that i could adapt

Your problem solved! ;)

http://www.wicycle.com/cargo_golf_bicycle_trailer.php

Hope getting home from the 19th isn't too much of a problem!

Alan Biles

I used to use a tail rotor pitch link from a Bell 212. Bolted to the rear rack and a pip-pin through a suitable sized hole in the trolley handle, it costed out at around USD2000 but it worked a treat!

OP
OP
psmiffy
Mr biles - thank you very helpful - could you recommend a store where i could obtain one (preferably at a huge discount)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Um, I know nothing about golf, so this may be a silly answer..

Would it be possible to leave the clubs at the course? I mean is it the sort with a clubhouse and the like? Do you need them at home? If not, ignore me....:rolleyes:

Alan Biles

Pitch change link

psmiffy said:
Mr biles - thank you very helpful - could you recommend a store where i could obtain one (preferably at a huge discount)

Just happen to have one crashing about in my toolbox - yours gratis if you want it. The link that is, not the tool box. I can't supply the pip-pin or the bolt but it'd be a start.

A

thomas

the tank engine
Arch said:
Um, I know nothing about golf, so this may be a silly answer..

Would it be possible to leave the clubs at the course? I mean is it the sort with a clubhouse and the like? Do you need them at home? If not, ignore me....:biggrin:

You can definitly rent them...I don't know. I've only played golf once and just used a friend's Dad's set and we drove ;)

OP
OP
psmiffy
Merci Beucoup Mr Biles I will be in touch if i can work out how to do it

Thank you also for the the other helpful suggestions - however cycling and golf are similar in that they are kit based - ti this and that is a common thread- if you are passionate about them then your own kit is what it has to be - the thought of cycling to Paris on a rented bike would be pure anathma to the enthusiast, similarly the dread of standing on the first tee with an unfamiliar club

Alan Biles

psmiffy said:
Merci Beucoup Mr Biles I will be in touch if i can work out how to do it

A picture's worth a thousand words as they say. When I fitted one to my bike, I shortened it to about 3 inches by cutting the thread further down the rod and cutting off the unwanted bit. I found this reduced golf trolley 'shimmy' at speed. I don't have a picture of it fitted as the bike in question is long gone.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/AlanBiles_51/IMGP0189.jpg

Let me know if you want it and I'll bung it in the post next week.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
There's a guy at my club(Army course Aldershot), Chris Bunnet, who cycles with a large trailer, you could contact him for advice. If you rang the club on 01252337272 they could put you in touch with him.

I suppose it depends on how much you want to transport, ie what size bag, type of trolley, batteries if electric trolley, etc. Personally I've opted for swithcing to a pencil bag only and keeping all my stuff in a locker. But then I had a Robokaddy and full cart bag etc, that would be a heck of a lot of weight to tow on a bike, and a very big trailer!

Top Bottom