Towing limits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:eek::eek:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Corsa van, with odd wheels, can clearly tow anything. Particularly if you're not insured or have a driving licence.

Due to a my trailer losing an axle (the scrape's in the middle lane under Leicester Forest East's southbound bridge) I borrowed a 16' agricultural trailer and drove to Western France several years ago with bikes attached to the mesh sides and our cases on the trailer floor. Hitched to the back of my Saab convertible it must've looked strange. And probably well over the towing limit.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Although legally permissable (towing another vehicle is an exemption to licence towing limits) the Corsa van is definitely not rated to tow well over 3tons :laugh:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A Corsa van, with odd wheels, can clearly tow anything. Particularly if you're not insured or have a driving licence.

Due to a my trailer losing an axle (the scrape's in the middle lane under Leicester Forest East's southbound bridge) I borrowed a 16' agricultural trailer and drove to Western France several years ago with bikes attached to the mesh sides and our cases on the trailer floor. Hitched to the back of my Saab convertible it must've looked strange. And probably well over the towing limit.
Whrn I worked at the SAAB garage we had a car trailer for breakdowns and the like, not many but there was a problem with a tiny hairspring on the ignition which prevented the key from turning so no engine and the car locked in reverse gear (faulty batch got through QC) so they used to winch the car on to the trailer (around a ton or so) and tow it back with you guessed it another SAAB

BTW it was a pig of a job, seats out, carpet out, floor console out,then 3 weird nuts to remove with a special 3 pronged tool to get the shifter off the floor and finally 3 'shear bolts' to drill out of the cover on the bottom just to get to the bloody spring. BTW as this was a recognised 'fault'it was covered under a 'recall notice' but only if they broke,(free to the customer)

Guess who used to have to do em. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom