Toy helicopters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I hope you realise helis are even more adictive than bikes I have 5 at present but 4 of them you cant fly indoors the biggest one is one of these:

Esky-Belt-CP.jpg

Havent flown it for a while as the weather is not good enough but they are great fun once you master flying them, and mending them when you crash.

Attachments

• Esky-Belt-CP.jpg
    Esky-Belt-CP.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 12

thomas

the tank engine
phil_hg_uk said:
Havent flown it for a while as the weather is not good enough but they are great fun once you master flying them, and mending them when you crash.

Maybe fun, but not fun on the wallet :biggrin:...or at least the spare parts list for my helicopter was just silly!!

I quite fancy one, might pop in tomorrow and treat myself with some Christmas money I've got (it's that or beer).

Hopefully the Debs will still have them....and hopefully an ex-girlfriend isn't working there still as I don't really want to bump into her :biggrin::sad:

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I had one of the little ten quid ones. Good fun for a while, but I wouldn't pay more as the novelty wears off quite quickly, I found.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
thomas said:
Maybe fun, but not fun on the wallet :biggrin:...or at least the spare parts list for my helicopter was just silly!!

Its not fun while you are in the learning and crashing lots phase but once you get over that its excellent fun. I started with a co-axial heli then went onto a Fixed Pitch then a Collective Pitch which took about a year to learn them all.

I was flying one of my small Fixed Pitch helis on a large field one day and the wind got it and took it up to about 100 foot and it just wasnt powerful enough to break free so I had to cut the engine I thought it would be toast but only snapped the flybar and skids :biggrin: tough little things. Mind you the last time I had a serious crash in my Collective Pitch heli it cost me a bout £70.00 to repair :biggrin: wasnt a happy bunny

You know -those little polystyrene ones the sales bloke is always flying in Debenhams.

I always thought that they wouldn't be up to much but, being £9 each before Christmas, I bought a couple as presents. And they're great! Once you get the hang they're pretty controllable. I managed to fly one all around the house this afternoon.

I was looking for one of those, in Debenhams in the Metro Centre no sign of them:sad::biggrin:

Top Bottom