Toyota Pious

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Would be but an hors deuve for truckie.

One of my neighbours is selling it, let me taken it for a quick spin this morning. It's auto and exceptionally light to steer, so I'm thinking of buying it for woman to take some of the driving load off me.

Downside is its big mikes at 137k. Plus side is its one owner, genuinely immaculate in and out, full Toyota service history, and cheap. The interweb abounds with tales.of high mileage ones, so it would seem they last exceptionally well if cared for, but I'm wanting to know what they're like to live with.

Oldbloke

Guru
My elderly father had one until recently, he was only doing around 2k miles pa which wasn't enough to keep those big bugga batteries charged so had regular starting problems.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Is it like this?

images.jpg

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Our taxi drivers have them. They say they are great for round town but if you have a long journey they'd rather have a diesel. The petrol side of things is not so good. I have no specific details though.

Then VW built these but it may be just for Yorkshire. http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/e-up-nf/home

Levo-Lon

Guru
How long do the batteries last? As they will be a big bill if there near end of life..
toyota are usually as reliable as it gets Asuming the brakes work lol

vickster

Legendary Member
Slow...I was once told the only way one would do 0-60 in under 10 seconds would be to push it off a cliff :biggrin:

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
My mum, closing in on 70 & arthritis in all 4 limbs had one and was happy with it, short tootles, cheap to run, dull and bland but did what a car needs to do. She got rid only cos the grandkids are old enough not to need booster seats so she can have something smaller to park.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
That's what im after Mr Inbed, something easy for mainly urban use by woman.

It seems the traction batteries last well north of 200k miles, and a scout of eBay shows plenty for sale from written off Pious' s' s' s' s.

He only wants £3000. I'm gonna offer him two and a half and start the haggling from there.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
It's a bit tight for me, but I won't be driving it so that's by the by.

Not.My.cup.of dried leaves in boiling water inside, but very space agey and awesomely equipped. Apart from the slightly scuffed alloys there's not a mark on it. He's one of those old boys so wipes the raindrops off before putting it away in the garage.

It.needs.a.big.noisy diseasel, a low range box and a foot or more of ground clearance before it'd interest me personally.

Top Bottom