TPEE tents.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jags

Guru
not sure if i got the spelling right any hooooo
TP tent's anyone using one.
i'm no tent expert far from it but i reckon with all the tent designs out there the TP mush surly be the best,after all the indians used the m all the time.:notworthy:
tell you what i'm after
2man TP
light 2kg max
pitch all in one as i'm a fred when it comes to pitching a tent:banghead:
doesn't cost the earth to buy the feckin thing .
any thoughts lads ,
oh i have 2 tents one cheapo naturehike cloud up 2
one good one but 3.5kg mountainhardware spear gt2 .
go on put me out of my misery recomment me a good one.

jags.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
yeah good point but i reckon a fella would get used to it,i seen one at a fellclub meet in the uk i was very impressed and another in killarney guy was on a brompton the tent was hugh but he loved it .

Last edited:

reppans

Tipis are generally 3+ person shelters, 2- person sizes are usually called 'mids' (pyramids). I would recommend getting one with an independent inner 'nest' (bathtub-floored net tent) - the big advantage of tipis and mids is the floorless design which allows you to freely vary the interior from a traditional double-wall tent to a giant vestibule just by folding/rolling back the inner nest and footprint. In the rain, this means you can set-up/take-down the interior while dry under cover of the fly, create a large cooking area, leave your shoes on, fix a flat tire, and even dig a cat hole for a latrine (not at establish campsites pls).

Not sure if you're interested in sleeping 2 people, or are just looking for a roomy 1 person, but my solo mid (with nest collapsed) feels larger than my UL 2-man traditional tent with fixed inner tent. I personally only set up the inner nest for sleeping (when I don't care about size) and now find fixed doors, floors, and bugnets are better at keeping me out, than the water and bugs out.

A mid+nest+Tyvek footprint can be easily done <1kg.

If the idea of a tipi appeals, but the cost doesn't, have a look on youtube at creating a tent out of a tarp. There are lots of "how to" videos for all sorts of shelter configurations.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The thing that would worry me about the TP is moving in the night and knocking the pole...
Snigger....

Top Bottom