TP's Cinelli Experience Seat Adjustment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi all,

I've been meaning to do this for some time. I'm new to fettling, but armed with Zinn, some tools and a shed, what could go wrong? :smile:

The Cinelli Experience 2013 has two bolts at the back of the post with what should be adjustable bolts but these had seized on mine so I took the whole thing apart to clean and understand the whole thing.

First off, to get the current seat angle I mounted the bike on the stand and used a plank and a level under the wheels to get the bike as it would be on level ground.

image.jpg

Seat already forward:
image.jpg

Dismantled:
image.jpg

Taking out the adjuster screw was difficult. The 2mm Allen key slipped so I ended up using a head from my power screwdriver, as below (code in picture):

image.jpg

Cleaned up all the bits with some degreaser and lube, the nuts were free to move in the space available. The parts reassemble and sit back in a ridged holder. I found it best to do this upside down on the desk.

Below you can make out there is a lip where I've angled it up:

image.jpg

Tightened up and reinstalled in the bike an inch higher, lining it up from the back of the bike to the headset to ensure the seat is straight. The new angle:

image.jpg

Cheers,

TP

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
It's my first howto, so happy for constructive criticism. :smile:

I suspect it's not clear enough how the angle is adjusted...

winjim

Smash the cistern
That looks to me like it's gone from a pretty severe downwards angle to a pretty severe upwards angle. I would always start from dead level and make tiny incremental adjustments from there. Is it comfortable?

Nice bike btw. :smile:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
That looks to me like it's gone from a pretty severe downwards angle to a pretty severe upwards angle. I would always start from dead level and make tiny incremental adjustments from there. Is it comfortable?

Nice bike btw. :smile:

Yeah I just did it maximum for show and as a starting point. Ride up and down the street a couple of times. I'll faff about more tomorrow.

And thanks :smile:

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
Nice bike! I've got the same one and absolutely love it. Yours is considerably cleaner than mine.

Nice aren't they? I like the 2012 white and blue and the 2015 black and white. Seems a little extravagant to get three of the same bike though...

Started cleaning it up couple of weeks ago. There's a lot more to do...
...The more you look, the more you find!
Just taking the seat apart I found crap all over each bolt and joint.

We'll see how much I get through, but I'd like to take apart most of it. Bar tape and headset angle probably next.

Last edited:
Top Bottom