Track frame/bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Thanks Tollers, unfortunately it's a bit small for me. There was a large framed Dolan Track bike on e-bay a few days ago but when I went to look last night it had been sold....

My knees would be dragging on the ground on a 52cm frame! ;)

longers

Legendary Member
Maybe give Surosa a ring and speak to Nigel - I've seen a few of their own branded track bikes leave the shop, I know nowt about them but he is honest and will be happy to chat about them.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Thanks longers, I couldn't see their own brand bikes on their we page but might give them a call sometime during my search.

kyuss that fuji looks lovely - and it's in my club's colours! :biggrin: It's certainly made it onto my list :laugh:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Ian H said:
Er...shouldn't you be looking for a long-distance TT bike?

So eck would have you/me believe! :tongue:

My continuing lurgy and inability to recover from longer distances over the past 2/3 years may have put paid to any aspirations of any further long distance cycling :sad: I'm still waiting on further medical tests - not sure what's left to test for TBH as I'm lucky if I have any blood left in me! :laugh:

Hence trying to find something I can do! I seem to be okay with shorter intense rides, so looking at track and shorter TTs as the way ahead and maybe building up to longer distances if I can manage whatever it is.

I'm not discounting longer distances and might see you on the start line in July!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Noodley that sounds crappy..hope they have some answers for you but wouldn't bank on it...in the meantime..have you found your next machine yet?

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

ttcycle said:
Velodrome shop were excellent- that's where I got the Dolan from- really good service.

They have a great website :girl:

I have spent hours on it over the past few days!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Any decisions with all this perusing? Shouldn't you be in cafe listening to music Noodley? No talk of bikes now!!

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I now think I am close to making a decision :becool:

I just need to check a few things with one of my clubmates who is a track coach...

But I think I know which bike I shall get, and I also think I might just have to make a purchase of some 'accessories' this evening - it makes it seem cheaper if you buy things at different times! :laugh:

(And no I'm not telling - I'm gonna keep you in suspense til it arrives! xx()

Seriously, thanks very much for all the suggestions and recommendations and web links. :smile:

Top Bottom