Tradeinn, Bikeinn, Runnerinn, Snowinn, etc.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Anyone had experience of these people?

The gf and i have contrived to order something from Runnerinn. I was looking for a Gore running gilet and found this website with reasonable prices. I thought they were based here in Norway as the website was in norwegian with a norwegian tel. no. and, nowhere, except for some very tiny print at the bottom of the page gives you the idea they are not. They are based in Spain, so any savings on price will be eaten up in import duty. I find it annoying as they appear to deliberately deceive.

Anyway, my gf (bless her) saw i had the shopping trolley page open on my laptop with 1 piece XL Gore gilet, and the express delivery option ticked (ensuring it would arrive in time for my birthday), and ordered it for me as a surprise. She thought i'd checked out they were a reputable company.

Later she began to worry about not receiving an email confirmation. So i had a look and found not only are they in Spain, but there are loads of complaints about them. So she contacted the bank and tried to cancel the transfer, but too late. She cancelled her card to be on the safe side. She sent an email, i tried phoning and posted on their fb page to no avail.

We got a sms from DHL yesterday to say they have picked up a package in Barcelona. So, something is on it's way. I doubt it will arrive in time for my birthday though. This morning i find out it's in Leipzig. We've accepted we are not getting a bargain, and have learned a lesson. Now it's quite exciting really as, according to the complaints anything could turn up, at any time.

To make matters worse i see Wiggle have one about £25 cheaper :B)

bianchi1

Guru
I got some mammut ski stuff from snowinn a couple of years back. Incredible value and it all arrived promptly, no problems at all.

Maybe I was lucky? But I would use again.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Very mixed rep in UK running circles (trans. the couple of running forums I hang out in) and their prices don't seem markedly better than the usual suspects.

OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
The product arrived this afternoon! In time for my birthday (no need to make a fuss). Correct item. Will still have to pay VAT/import duty though.

Top Bottom