Trafalgar Sq to Millennium Sq

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
We're planning some training for our big trip next summer, and I sprang on the idea of cycling Trafalgar Sq up to Millennium Sq in Leeds!! It's just over 200 miles so acheivable in a four day weekend!!

Anyone got any route thoughts? I appreciate we'll need to use busier roads than we'd normally choose, but if anyone knows quiet main roads (if that makes sense) that would be brilliant.

Off for the weekend now, so apologies if any suggestions meet with a deafening silence...I'll be back to soak up your pearls of wisdom.

Cathryn

there is a documented London to Edinburgh route that I can never find. Could be an AUdax route or a CTC. It's downloaded on my pc and I've plotted it on autoroute but I cannot remember where I found it. I just know that somebody will be along with the source soon.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Cathryn said:
We're planning some training for our big trip next summer, and I sprang on the idea of cycling Trafalgar Sq up to Millennium Sq in Leeds!! It's just over 200 miles so acheivable in a four day weekend!!

Anyone got any route thoughts? I appreciate we'll need to use busier roads than we'd normally choose, but if anyone knows quiet main roads (if that makes sense) that would be brilliant.

Off for the weekend now, so apologies if any suggestions meet with a deafening silence...I'll be back to soak up your pearls of wisdom.

Try using the bike option of viamichelin at www.viamichelin.com

I use it to plot DIY Audax routes from Meanwood and find its suggestions sensible and uses reasonably low traffic roads as far as possible.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cathryn, I find the best way to plan a route like that is to get a decent road atlas and choose a reasonably direct route avoiding all A roads. You get a better feel for the route if you can see the villages you'll go through and tweak it to enable you to get to a place with accommodation every night. At 50 miles a day there is no need to go on any main roads in England IMO as we have a plethora of alternative routes.

Cathryn, I've found a pdf of the route card for London - Edinburgh if any use to you.

You could check it out against a map, per Rich, and see if you like the route; change it where you want; leave it where you want etc

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Thanks guys...there's some great advice. I think I'll try a mix of via michelin and a good old fashioned road atlas as well. John, I'd love to see the pdf...could you PM it to me?

hey cathryn, please please let me in on the route you end up doing, i was going to do a similar trip in july but could'nt deceide on a suitable route.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Will do. It won't be till Easter, but I'll keep you in the loop

Top Bottom