Trafigura agree to settle a class action against them involving the dumping of toxic waste

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Crankarm said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/8259765.stm

Inhabitants of the Ivory Coast are set to finally receive compensation from Trafigura for damage caused to their health by toxic waste that was dumped by Trafigura in 2006. Hopefully Trafigura will also be forced to cleanse the affected land and waters. Where will it then dispose of the waste?

NIMBY

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
next: Cycle Chat receives libel writ from Trafigura. And Shaun wouldn't be the first. Their attitude to free expression is neither her nor there to the poor souls who have fallen sick following exposure to their caustic sludge, but, nonetheless it beggars belief.

Those emails on the Guardian website are shocking. Traders who are paid well over the odds debating with each other on how much damage would be caused by their "slops".

User3143 said:
Where the Directors of the company live and also who masterminded such a lame, dangerous and f**k everyone plan to get rid of such waste - bastards.
+1 My, I would like to make life appaling for those smarmy tossers. I wonder if anyone will be thinking about this shocking story when May 1 comes around in London? Barclays and McDs might get off lightly...

Top Bottom