Train derailment in Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The news here seems a bit contradictory. In one sentence they report there were 60 people on the train, then they say it was crowded. Photos show double decker carriages and say three derailed. Doesn’t sound crowded from what they’re telling us.

That is not in any way to lessen the tragedy of the deaths and I hope the injured make swift recovery. It does make one question the accuracy of news reporting though

The news here seems a bit contradictory. In one sentence they report there were 60 people on the train, then they say it was crowded. Photos show double decker carriages and say three derailed. Doesn’t sound crowded from what they’re telling us.

That is not in any way to lessen the tragedy of the deaths and I hope the injured make swift recovery. It does make one question the accuracy of news reporting though

I must admit that had me confused as well. Locally the report suggests 150, but the train appeared to be five double deck carriages which would be thirty per carriage, which would barely fill one deck.

This could simply reflect that they didn't know how many people were on board so the number was being revised as information came in, but "crowded" seems an odd description. I'm sure we'll find out more over the weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom