Train ticket confuselation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

Arch said:
Yes, the train to Newark is faster. But then to get to Nottingham, he needs to spend an hour on the bus...

Nottingham is only, what, 130 miles from London? (Rough guess, based on position of Leicester). You could almost drive it in two hours, except Nottingham is a little way off the M1...

I was under the impression the train from nottingham to london took about 2 and a half - 3 hours due to it stopping at all the piddling little stations on the way like watford, cambridge, luton, northampton, leicester - whereas the one to newark only stops at peterborough and grantham if that. As regards driving, I think nottingham's congestion is relatively pretty bad.

bonj2

pzycoman said:
Im also going to be traveling first class - why would I want to go on a BUS with all those smelly unemployed people ?

Why would you bother travelling first class? Pay an extra 3 hundred quid for two inches of extra leg room? Rather you than me. Or is the company paying?

Arch

Married to Night Train
sheddy said:
Drive Londinium to Nottingham in 2 hrs ? Possibly on Christmas day

Well, yes, I admit it's not that feasible, but theorectically almost possible.

Bonj, if you actually read the thread, you'll see that it's cheaper in this case to get the first class fares, not £300 quid more. This can happen, depending on what tickets are left, and how far in advance you book.

Alas, it doesn't look like it'll happen for my Christmas trip south...

Top Bottom