Trainer comfort

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
If it’s comfortable on the road it should be fine on the turbo.

what are you you finding uncomfortable about it?

If you have the kind of trainer where the drive comes from your wheel turning a roller in the trainer, put something under the front wheel to elevate it.

Those types of trainers elevate the rear wheel which causes bike and rider to lean forward, which in turn puts extra weight through sensitive bits and wrists/hands. Elevating the front wheel helped me massively with discomfort and numbness.

Definitely raise the front a bit. I've used offcuts of carpet incrementally until I was happy.

Out on the road you would be out of the saddle a lot more so mirror that. Every 15mins or so make sure you're out of the saddle for 30 seconds or so. Adjust it until you're comfort.

I can do a few hours like this on the turbo now.

Daninplymouth

Did your kicker not come with a stabilising chock to sit the front wheel in .. which in turn raises it the requisite amount to match the rear ?
When I received mine it had no chock but you can adjust the height for different wheel sizes on the central leg on the trainer

Tenkaykev

Guru
Unfortunately not but will think of something to raise it up never crossed my mind I needed one with one not being supplied
I found that the rails on an upturned saddle to be the ideal distance apart to hold the front wheel snugly. I put the upturned saddle on an old thick yoga mat. An added bonus is that the combination of cushioning in the saddle and the mat absorb vibrations.

Kikr doesn't need a chock as it's adjustable for different wheel sizes, you'll find as said it's because on the road you get out the saddle, stop at junctions and generally move around more.

I've got the same trainer and have to make sure I stand up every 10min or so, must admit the boredom gets to me after about an hour anyway even when on Zwift.

Top Bottom