Trainerroad programs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LemonCowboy

Morning all!

I've sign up for Trainerroad to get some structure in my training without the brain power. I'm shooting for IM Weymouth 70.3 in September so figured I'd settle into the Half Distance base training block, HOWEVER everyone seems to rave about the sweetspot base blocks! I'd hate to think i'm choosing the HIM plan just because that's the event i'm doing, when in fact i could probably get better gains from the sweetspot work..

Anyone used these programs/know enough about them to provide a bit of insight?

S-Express

What's right for someone else is not necessarily right for you. Much will depend on your current fitness level, your intended fitness targets and how much time you have to train.

BikeCurious

Über Member
I'm currently halfway through the Low Volume Sweet Spot Base plan but haven't done any of the others so can't comment which is better.

Chappy

Guru
Trainer road say that Sweet spot base and traditional base achieve the same results just in different time scales. Sweet spot base plans have a lot more interval rides compared to the traditional plan which is more longer steadier rides.

Tin Pot

Guru
Morning all!

I've sign up for Trainerroad to get some structure in my training without the brain power. I'm shooting for IM Weymouth 70.3 in September so figured I'd settle into the Half Distance base training block, HOWEVER everyone seems to rave about the sweetspot base blocks! I'd hate to think i'm choosing the HIM plan just because that's the event i'm doing, when in fact i could probably get better gains from the sweetspot work..

Anyone used these programs/know enough about them to provide a bit of insight?

Yeah been listening and learning trainerroad from the podcasts for years.

If you're doing half iron triathlon you should be thinking of your triathlon performance - not just being a better cyclist. The Tri plans focus on bike, but expect you to be doing the run and swim training as well.

Sweet spot base assumes you aren't training for a half iron and don't have the stresses on your body and benefits from the swim and run.

So stick with it. :smile:

Top Bottom