Trainers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
Should I get Adidas or Nike?

What does the Saga magazine rate?

According to this none of the above, unless they are just going to be 'pub' shoes. But what would I know, I don't run. I have a bike. :biggrin:. I find HiTec trekking type trainers are quite adequate for dashing through Morrisons, guess it comes down to intended use and fit.

Couple of threads on the health & fitness forum, here and an alternative 'shoe' here.

upandover

Guru
While this wasn't your question, my colleague was telling me yesterday that the most Ethical choice is New Balance as they are UK made and s0 avoid many of the excesses and exploitation of those made in third world countries, and definitively not Nike. I don't have anything to back this up - but she does know her stuff in this area.

Plus of course - they're great trainers.

Cheers
Steve

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dunlop Green flash.....

Cubist

Still wavin'
fossyant said:
Dunlop Green flash.....

You trendy person you! They are soooooooooo back in vogue.:eek:

Airwalks for me. At 45 I can pretend I'm a gnarly skater dude, and walk round with the laces tucked in rather than laced up. (They are seriously comfy, and grip the pins on DMR flatties really well)

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Surely the only answer is for Noodley to go to his LTS, and try several to see which he likes running in the best.

Then someone should turn up and insist that the only proper choice is a hand sewn trainer built to his exact specification by an expert local cobbler.

Someone else should then post saying that for the sort of running Noodley does, he'd be better with a pair of heavy Dutch clogs, as they are virtually maintenance free, and can be left outside with no ill effects in all weathers.

Someone else should then post saying that as Noodley will mostly be running on the road, his best choice is a top of the range lightweight shoe, probably made at least partly from space age fabrics.

Noodley should then say that he might run on canal towpaths occasionally, at which point people should variously suggest fell running shoes (they do it all! and you can tour in them!) and walking boots.

All parties should then get the arse with each other and carry on an argument about whether the "true" do it all shoe is the fell running shoe or a comfy brogue.

By which point Noodley will have gone to Winfields/ShoeZone/Brantano and bought a pair of those trainers that look almost like Addidas, but with one too many stripes.

Top Bottom