Training before a race.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_G

I'm racing tomorrow and my legs feel ok at the moment but is it wise to train the day before a crit race if so what type of training.
I raced last Saturday and done a active recovery session on my rollers and yesterday i spent an hour on my turbo.

Not sure about 'training' as such - going for a ride won't be a problem though. Depends how seriously you are taking the winter series stuff. A lot of the guys will be using the races at this time of the year as training anyway, so may be training the day before/after in any case.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

Oh ok, i wasnt sure that racing last Saturday and then again tomorrow and then next Saturday and Turbo training would be a bit much.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I guess so, inside i think i should train but on the other hand i feel i should'nt over do it but being new to racing i dont know whats best.

I knew it would be hard but jesus not as hard as it is, in a 40 min+5 laps race which lasts about 55mins i start dying about 20 mins in and i try and get another wimp to ride with to get around.
I guess its gonna take at least 6 months to be semi competitive.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Was you the bloke laughing at me.lol

Blooming well hope not :angel: I try to support anyone who is having a go, its far more challenging than people think to race.
Did you have an off then up the top of the Circuit by the 'S' and got bunny hopped by Andy on the team boardman who's chain broke doing so?

Tried looking for you, but could not remember your team kit.. I was wearing a Castelli team thermosuit and S-Works Prevail helmet

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I was about 5 secs behind it oh yeah and a lap lol, one bloke dislocated his shoulder and now needs a screw put it.

OP
OP
A

Andy_G

I was about 5 secs behind it oh yeah and a lap lol, one bloke dislocated his shoulder and now needs a screw put it.

I saw some bloke walking to the car park after with a Boardman with his bottom lip touching the floor, fair play to him though.

How did you get on then.?

I guess so, inside i think i should train but on the other hand i feel i should'nt over do it but being new to racing i dont know whats best.

I knew it would be hard but jesus not as hard as it is, in a 40 min+5 laps race which lasts about 55mins i start dying about 20 mins in and i try and get another wimp to ride with to get around.
I guess its gonna take at least 6 months to be semi competitive.

Stick with the training - remember how hard you were working just before you got dropped? That's the level you need to train at...

Top Bottom