"Training diet" nonsense rubbish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

Went to see a friend this afternoon.

Her dad made me have 2 bottles of Gaymers Original on ice, and her mum made me eat a home-made fruit cake slice the size of a man-hole cover.

Took 3 mins of my 48min best time home.

Isotonic protein enhanced carbo-balanced energy-gel arse. Cider and cake is where it's at.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
One of my best ever commute times was the morning after eight tins of boddies and a Lamb Jalfrezi. 13 Miles in 34 minutes in traffic. Figure that one out.

OP
OP
B

Bigtwin

dan_bo said:
One of my best ever commute times was the morning after eight tins of boddies and a Lamb Jalfrezi. 13 Miles in 34 minutes in traffic. Figure that one out.

Carb loading. Back in the day we used to have a few guinesses the night before hard fitness exercises - deffo the way ahead.

vorsprung

Veteran
dan_bo said:
jet propulsion

Dan B

Disengaged member
dan_bo said:
The quicker you get there, the sooner you reach the bog

User269

Where d'you think I got my name from?

It's the best recovery drink going, and I always fill my bidon with Famous Grouse before a long ride.

;)

peanut

dan_bo said:

26 minute 10 mile TT not bad especially as you went on and did another 3 miles at the same rate ;)
Reckon you must have worn your trollies on outside your shorts on that day:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

dodgy

If you're measuring best performance, you have to start and stop at the same location otherwise wind (strength and speed) and gradient becomes too big a factor.

Timing yourself on the way home is cheating :tongue:

dodgy

Bigtwin said:
Tisn't - I have a there time and a back time, as there is a pronounced gradient difference between the two.

And the wind always blows from the same direction and at the same speed?

OP
OP
B

Bigtwin

dodgy said:
And the wind always blows from the same direction and at the same speed?

I can promise you there's not been a breath of wind for about a week till today.

dodgy

Bigtwin said:
I can promise you there's not been a breath of wind for about a week till today.

Which is fine if you're comparing it to another day without a breath of wind. Do you not see what I mean?

Top Bottom