Training/fitness options when on business trips (not running)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Travelling for work has now increased, not back to pre-Covid levels but still can be 3 days a week and will only increase. I used to often take a bike with me on business trips but as i've changed my job and now have an employer that's not an option, nor is running as it just wrecks my knees (no meniscus in one knee and 50% removed in the other) So i'm looking for some training or fitness ideas that i can do when i'm away on the road ? My first thoughts were to focus on some flexibility, maybe yoga and also some core training exercises but wondered about any alternatives ???

Did try skipping last year, kits easy to carry and not much room needed but again the was hard on my knees:ohmy:

Keep thinking about one of those giant elastic bands (power band) not sure ?

Any ideas ?

plastic_cyclist

I dont know how your knees would cope, but I think one of them sets of hardcore circuits/bodyweight training regimes would substitute the cardio, you see some guys doing these and that's all they do, and they are ripped !! I hate Burpees and planking, but I reckon a decent consistent run at this would see weight loss and strength increase for sure...

This guy doesn't look to shabby....

View: https://youtu.be/Z_zHF-UwO5A

Punkawallah

Über Member
Swimming will do the job. Not sure as to the situation around the country, but hereabouts there is usually a pool nearby. Hotel pools are a bit small, but still can be useful - just practice your turns :x).

Debade

Über Member
Google the 7 minute workout. Full body and can easily fit into your day/location. There are many YouTube versions. Find the leader style you like.

When I traveled for work, I liked jumping rope. If you are not alternating your feet, try it to see if it is easier on your knees.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
My first recommendation for business trip exercise would always be HIIT jumping sessions, especially involving quarter squat jumps. Seeing as you have issues with the knees that's unfortunately a no-go.

Cycling is great but it's not a 'load-bearing' activity so it's always a good idea to do something else on the side to make sure your bone density doesn't deteriorate. Yoga is a great idea - there's steady progression, different levels AND it's a bit of exercise and a bit of meditation which will come in handy if the business trips get stressful.

Top Bottom