Training for the Pru

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Simontm

Veteran
So got told by MS Society that I've got one of their places.

I commute four days a week, around 26 miles a day, and go out for 20-50 milers at the weekend.

Any suggestions as to how to manage training for the 100 around the commute? Rest days etc. Don't want to give up the commute as it keeps me sane!

cheers

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Increase distance ridden at weekends between now and August.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I bet that you could do it now if you wanted to!

On 100-150 miles of riding a week, you should already have all the fitness that you need. If you want to do it quickly, then perhaps you would have to work at increasing your speed, but I don't think you would have any problem with the distance.

OP
OP
Simontm

Simontm

Veteran
I bet that you could do it now if you wanted to!

On 100-150 miles of riding a week, you should already have all the fitness that you need. If you want to do it quickly, then perhaps you would have to work at increasing your speed, but I don't think you would have any problem with the distance.

Yeah, though the distance would;t be a problem, the hills on the other hand...:laugh:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yeah, though the distance would;t be a problem, the hills on the other hand...:laugh:
Lower your gearing then ... Going up hills quickly requires a lot of fitness; riding up them slowly doesn't! (Signed - a relatively unfit rider in an area with lots of steep hills, and a 28/29 bottom gear on one road bike and a 26/28 on the other. :thumbsup:)

Keep doing your commute, ramp up the weekend 50 milers to 100 miler as quick as you can. Then do one 100 miler per month. Plan a nice interesting route, with some decent elevation changes, that should be sufficient to get you round the Pru.

Top Bottom