Training plan help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin B

My 50th will be in July of 2015 and I would like to train to do the trans Pennine trail Southport to Hornsea on my new mountain bike ,but the problem is I have no idea how to train or where to start so would like advise on how to work towards doing it .

MikeG

Guru
Just do some miles, Colin. At the start, it doesn't make much difference what miles you do, just get as many rides in as you can. After a few weeks you can start getting a bit more scientific about it, mixing up some long easy runs with short intense bursts, and maybe some hill reps, but first, just get out on your bike and enjoy it! My biggest tip at this stage is to record everything you do. Even draw a graph, maybe.

Mike

Steve H

Large Member
To get yourself started, the most important training lesson is to ride regularly. Get yourself out on the bike three or four times a week and slowly build things up. No need to do anything too specific to start with - must ensure you are getting out regularly. Enjoy your time on the bike. If you have a good ride, you end up wanting to go out again soon. If you don't enjoy yourself, push too hard, feel achy and stiff the next day, it's too easy to put off riding again.

Ern1e

Über Member
Just like every one else is saying just get out and ride + keep yourself well hydrated and once you are doing longer rides take some thing to eat if you should feel the need,i usualy take a couple of cookie's with me as I find these with being quite a flat shape don't take up to much space ina pocket etc.

screenman

Legendary Member
No they are not. Your body is, it will tell you much more than some app or webpage.
Have you tried them?

OP
OP
Colin B

Colin B

IMHO your both right apps provide a visual of your progress , but you always have to listen to your body also because constant injury will inevitably make you stop

Top Bottom