training schedules?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bubbles3

I seem to have lost my focus of training, some weeks i only get the bike out a couple of times. I do all my training on my own. Ideally i'd like to be out 4 or 5 times a week. Maybe it's because i don't have any plans to do a sportive so i've nothing to focus on.

Does anyone know of any training schedules that would give me focus to train regularly so my fitness level improves?

A new schedule won't improve your fitness if you don't have the motivation to get out and ride your bike.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
A new schedule won't improve your fitness if you don't have the motivation to get out and ride your bike.

To be fair to the OP I can see where he/she is coming from. Without something to train towards, training for the sake of training can be a bit meaningless and motivations can wander away from the bike, it has happened to me a few times now. I would partially agree with B'n'Y though and advise that without an end goal (something to train towards and a measure of your training success) even a great training plan by itself probably wont be motivation enough if you are not the kind of person who trains for the love of training.

Why not look for some sportive you can take part in, or maybe have a look around local cycling clubs, club 10 season is coming to a close, but Hill Climb season is coming, so you could focus on getting a few of these under your belt!

Rob500

Personnally I'd forget about the "training" aspect of it all. Put that reasoning on the back burner for a while. Just relearn to ride your bike for pleasure. Just for the love of it.

Top Bottom