Training thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bubba

Hi hope this is the right place, if not can someone move it to the right area. I'm doing the LONDON NIGHT RIDE 2015 for the CF TRUST and my training starts tomorrow so thought id share has i go along. I've not been on my bike for just over a year now, but now i'm able to start my bike riding again. The past week or two i've talked about it looked out the window and thought no ill start tomorrow ha ha ha. I then decided to get me going i need to focus on something, so decided to do the charity ride next June. My first time out on the bike is tomorrow morning. im going out with a friend off mine, so when get back will update my route and keep posting updates on here. But got a feeling after tomorrow my next proper training day will be on Sunday with a local cycling group i've just joined.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Good luck!

Er, it is going to be just a tad windy the next few days you know ...:whistle:

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
You've kinda picked the worst week of the worst month of the year weather wise. The ride (if I googled the right one) is only 62miles, so spend time indoors working out a proper training plan for next year or try to get your hands on a turbo to keep you spinning for a few weeks until this terrible weather passes. Jan- June building to 62 miles is no problem.
Cycling is fun when you want to but horrid when you have to.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
You've kinda picked the worst week of the worst month of the year weather wise. The ride (if I googled the right one) is only 62miles, so spend time indoors working out a proper training plan for next year or try to get your hands on a turbo to keep you spinning for a few weeks until this terrible weather passes. Jan- June building to 62 miles is no problem.
Cycling is fun when you want to but horrid when you have to.

Proper training plan in the context provided = Ride bike regularly

OP
OP
bubba

bubba

dont mind the weather at the moment but yes at gym as well. But today took a nice slow ride for my first one 20.41 miles in 1hr 45mins. Got rained on sleet and had a bit off head wind some off the way but was good to be honest to be out there again. Just need to find someone to sort out a diet and eating plan for me.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Great going !
With regards to the cycle group have you found out how far and what their average speed is ?, many people starting out tend to get average speed including hills with top speed you can do on the flat .I am not saying do not go for it if you can but go into it with eyes open , good luck !

OP
OP
bubba

bubba

yes checked it out but been to;d do what i can then if starting to get tired can turn around anytime .

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Why do you need someone to sort out a diet and eating plan for you? Is there something more to this than riding 62 miles, for example some health issues, being particularly overweight etc?

OP
OP
bubba

bubba

yes m8 need to loose abit tone up and got a couple off other rides in the pipeline that is alot longer so need to be in tip top condition m8

vickster

Legendary Member
Eat healthily and ride your bike, making sure it's set up properly. Don't overdo it at the beginning, build up to the bigger distances

OP
OP
bubba

bubba

yeah at the moment doing bout 20 to 25 miles for the next 2 weeks then building up over the following weeks plus time in the gym

Top Bottom