Training to become a Pilates Instructor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive been thinking about doing this for a while - Im thinking lockdown AND wfh might be as good as time as any.

I know (think !) I need the level 3 Mat Pilates qualification - but the internet seems full of companies offering this training - no sure which ones are legit and which .....well not no much.......!!!

Anybody any experience which providers to use / avoid & expected costs - any other info helpful

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine

Soz - I'm trained in iyengar Yoga - a long and tortuous process - but worth it in the end - because it really works.

So can't be of any help with Pilates I'm afraid.

Except that any kind of online only training where you can't be hands on, or observed by your teacher trainer is going to be limiting i'd have thought.

Taking responsibility for other peoples bodies is quite a responsibility.

Even having completed 5 years of teacher training, and exams, and having been a teacher for over twenty, under the terms of my school, i'm only allowed to teach online, bodies that i've already encountered in the flesh, so that i know what i'm dealing with.

Ive been thinking about doing this for a while - Im thinking lockdown AND wfh might be as good as time as any.

I know (think !) I need the level 3 Mat Pilates qualification - but the internet seems full of companies offering this training - no sure which ones are legit and which .....well not no much.......!!!

Anybody any experience which providers to use / avoid & expected costs - any other info helpful

But we are where we are, and other folks do differently so Good Luck, with choosing :okay:

Personal recommends and longstanding rep have got to count for something :smile:

screenman

Legendary Member
Soz - I'm trained in iyengar Yoga - a long and tortuous process - but worth it in the end - because it really works.

Except that any kind of online only training where you can't be hands on, or observed by your teacher trainer is going to be limiting i'd have thought.

Even having completed 5 years of teacher training, and exams, and having been a teacher for over twenty, under the terms of my school, i'm only allowed to teach online, bodies that i've already encountered in the flesh, so that i know what i'm dealing with.

But we are where we are, and other folks do differently so Good Luck, with choosing :okay:

Personal recommends and longstanding rep have got to count for something :smile:

I was hoping for something a bit faster,

https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...=3cd7a9bfe68aeb2fb5f08ca690dbf680&action=view

stephec

Legendary Member
I used to do pilates a while back, and having a good teach who you can talk to in person before or after the lesson makes a difference, I'd imagine that it's the same when you're learning to teach it yourself.

screenman

Legendary Member
You see this is the problem with online stuff

"Sure i can do that - how difficult can it be"

Very is the answer to that, you have just nudged me to go and have a yoga session today, I have messed up big style here and not done any for a month.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Very is the answer to that, you have just nudged me to go and have a yoga session today, I have messed up big style here and not done any for a month.

Its hard to find the motivation practise by yourself - one of the upsides of being a teacher means you do have to practice what you preach to maintain the standard demanded.

My students have appreciated the Zoom classes - even if they don't get the benefit of physical adjustments.

Hope to get back to 3D teaching before too long - but 2D has also been instructive in many ways .

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!

My ex used to go to yoga classes and was very flexible. Some time after finishing the classes she saw some advanced postures online which she thought she would have a go at... I saw her make a rather clumsy attempt at one and she immediately damaged some soft tissues in her lower back area. Over 15 years later she still sometimes has problems related to the injury so it clearly never healed properly.

Having witnessed the years of sporadic pain that followed, I definitely think that being taught/supervised by someone who knows what they are doing is a good idea!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions

Learn something new every day, worth a tag anyway ^_^

Top Bottom