Training with Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
maybe you should change "disappointed" to "pleased"
Why so?

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

and
RPE is a perfectly valid training metric, I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.

Earlier in the thread, before I produced evidence, I repeat evidence by reputable sports scientists, of RPE as an accurate and even superior means of training and racing you were playing to the gallery with your remark. So if you were of an open mind, then for the the train by numbers brigade they would have learned not to restrict their horizons by using RPE. Then you come on with your not very magnanimous comment above as the all seeing wise guru, well of course no one would disagree. All you are getting is likes from sycophantic posters whose life exists around liking each others posts which they seem to think adds weight to their own weak position. When I give a like I mean it.
If you wish to get a like from me then contribute something constructive rather than weak meaningless comments. I may not agree with you but I will respect you.

Last edited:

Stompier

If you wish to get a like from me then contribute something constructive rather than weak meaningless comments. I may not agree with you but I will respect you.

I'm not after 'likes' or 'respect' here - not yours or anyone else's. I'm just here to contribute to discussions on topics where I either have an interest, or relevant experience - or sometimes both.

You seem to be using a thread titled 'training with power' to outline how you 'don't like the idea of training with power' - which seems a bit odd to me. So on that basis, I'll stick by my earlier comment that 'anyone expecting to learn anything here will be disappointed'.

RPE, power, HR - all are valid training metrics. All have their place and I won't be dismissing any of them anytime soon. Ironically, you seem to think that because I am not dismissing the concept of training with power, therefore I am not open-minded. Which is also a bit odd.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I'm not after 'likes' or 'respect' here - not yours or anyone else's. I'm just here to contribute to discussions on topics where I either have an interest, or relevant experience - or sometimes both.

You seem to be using a thread titled 'training with power' to outline how you 'don't like the idea of training with power' - which seems a bit odd to me. So on that basis, I'll stick by my earlier comment that 'anyone expecting to learn anything here will be disappointed'.

RPE, power, HR - all are valid training metrics. All have their place and I won't be dismissing any of them anytime soon. Ironically, you seem to think that because I am not dismissing the concept of training with power, therefore I am not open-minded. Which is also a bit odd.

Let me correct your strawmans arguments, nice try though. I do not think what you think I seem to think. Better to use actual quotes for accuracy.

As for changing disappointed to pleased I'll take that as a No then.^_^

Stompier

Let me correct your strawmans arguments, nice try though

Feel free to point out the 'strawmen' along with any corrections. I'll read your responses and then respond myself.

As for changing disappointed to pleased I'll take that as a No then

For someone who was earlier disparaging the 'sycophantic' process of 'liking' posts, you seem strangely focused on gaining my tacit approval.

Last edited:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
So a thread about power has become a thread about .... That’s right folks: Power.

A shame, it could have been a useful resource.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Feel free to point out the 'strawmen' along with any corrections. I'll read your responses and then respond myself.

For someone who was earlier disparaging the 'sycophantic' process of 'liking' posts, you seem strangely focused on gaining my tacit approval.
Oh Noooo!! Not another "seem to think". Straw man after Straw man. Do you honestly think I want your approval? FFS I am very sorry if I gave you that impression. Why am I bothering with this? Last word from me of I might or might not think. Use quotes FFS

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So a thread about power has become a thread about .... That’s right folks: Power.

A shame, it could have been a useful resource.
Fear not. There are threads in which such things are discussed sensibly - as we both know.

For now I think we can leave this one as it is just a trolling match.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Look up strawman argument. If you don't understand then that's your problem. I'm no longer replying in any depth. When I see strawman I point it out and never respond to spurious nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom