training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SimonC

willwheels said:
i train alone and have reached a point were i don seem to be able to improve anymore. Any help greatly appreciated will

Whats your training comprise of, and what are your goals (racing -general fitness), how long you been riding, are you riding on the road or off-road.

Come back with some more info Will and you will be deluged with replies

gbb

Legendary Member
Not a very scientific answer will, but i found the same
a few years ago...couldnt seem to beat 16.5 mph average over 40 miles say.
What i did was to start mixing things up a bit...
(I'm speaking for myself here), instead of going hard right from the word go...do the first 5 miles steadily, say 1 mph under your normal speed. It makes precious little difference overall, but you find you can sustain better speed in the latter part of the ride. Its probably the proper way to do it anyway, lets your muscles warm and loosen up, instead of getting tied up.

I also started honking up hills and the take it steady when i topped them, just until i got my breath back. (my hills are more short stabs, say i minute out of the saddle, with longer (or proper hills) this may not be possible.)

During that year i started mixing things up, i was nearly topping 18 mph average....shame i cant be bothered to push myself that much anymore :wacko::biggrin:

knapdog

gbb said:
a few years ago...couldnt seem to beat 16.5 mph average over 40 miles(QUOTE]

My average is always between 12 and 14.5mph, depending on route/weather conditions. I'd be over the moon with a 16.5. Well Done!!

scott s10

willwheels said:
i train alone and have reached a point were i don seem to be able to improve anymore. Any help greatly appreciated will

i think youve probably peeked so you will not get faster

Top Bottom