Trains out so a full commute this morning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark i

Went to the station this morning (I normally use the train to take 8 miles out of my morning commute so that I arrive at work without excess sweat!) and someone has nicked the signalling cable (second time this year). There is a replacement bus service, if you do not have a bike to transport also....

So jumped on the bike (I normally do the whole thing in the evening anyhow), what a lovely morning for a bike ride. And the roads are so much quieter at 07:00 than 17:00!

Do I really need my train ticket at this time of year????

Mark

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
haw many miles is your commute?

OP
OP
M

mark i

My commute is 15 miles each way, I do the morning leg using the train to avoid being too sweaty at work, cycle all the way home when it does not matter. Ticket may be dumped in June.

martint235

Dog on a bike
So long as you have some kind of showering facility at work I'd say you don't need a train ticket at all! It gets a bit darker and a bit wetter in the winter but other than that it's all good!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
martint235 said:
So long as you have some kind of showering facility at work I'd say you don't need a train ticket at all! It gets a bit darker and a bit wetter in the winter but other than that it's all good!

Or baby wipes..... :biggrin:

Or leave a *little* earlier and take more time.

Also consider what you are wearing, my backpack causes my back to sweat heaps, but at least my underlayer soaks it up. Bit yukky to put it back on later, although a spare radiator dries it out in an hour or so.

I could get a better rucksack but I now leave it in on the first day, so being cheapo for now.

Top Bottom