Trangia users

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

yep...looks ok for short trips & pasta n' sauce stuff...but I would still need two pots and the fry pan to cook a 'proper' meal I reckon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Dayvo said:
Just seen the mini Trangia in a sports shop!

http://www.trangia.se/english/2924.mini_trangia.html

Quite a lot smaller; even better for touring when space in bags is limited.

Got one. It's not quite as efficient but makes a positive contribution to a calorie controlled diet through limiting portion size. Didn't work for me though as I resorted to double portions :rolleyes:

I'm now at the stage where I reckon I could do a mini tour using just my front panniers and a saddlebag and the miniaturisation of Trangia cookware made a major contribution to this.

vernon

Dayvo said:
I think double portions would be my downfall, too.

Out of curiosity, is there a more practical reason to having front panniers instead of rear ones (which is my choice)?

Who's to say I can't mount them at the rear and leave the rear ones at home?:biggrin:

Jugular

I'm now at the stage where I reckon I could do a mini tour using just my front panniers and a saddlebag and the miniaturisation of Trangia cookware made a major contribution to this.

What does the list include then, vernon? Are we talking; no rollmat, or perhaps no tent?!

vernon

Jugular said:
What does the list include then, vernon? Are we talking; no rollmat, or perhaps no tent?!

Pannier one:
  • Thermarest
  • Sleeping bag
  • Head torch
  • Puncture outfit
  • Multi tool
  • First aid kit
  • Spare inner tube
Pannier Two:
  • Base layer
  • Spare top
  • Spare undies
  • Spare socks
  • Spare shorts
  • Mini Trangia
  • Knife, fork and spoon
  • Tea
  • Powdered milk
  • Cous cous or quick cook pasta
  • Tinnned meat and fish
  • Pouch(es) of savoury sauce mix
  • Oats, sugar, powdered milk mix for breakfast
  • Fuel bottle
  • Small wash bag and contents.
  • Small camping towel
Saddle bag
  • Tent - as obtainable from Argos
  • Camera
  • Waterproof jacket
  • Wallet
  • Phone
There's even some space left to accommodate a can of cider or two purchased at the end of the day to slurp after pitching the tent....

andrew_s

Legendary Member
for a summer overnight trip...

in saddlebag main compartment:
  • tent
  • sleeping bag
  • sleeping bag liner
  • thermarest
  • MSR Ti Kettle containing
    • gas cylinder
    • gas stove
    • folding spork
    • jaycloth
    • teabags
    • powdered milk
  • waterproof jacket
  • long-sleeve top
  • hat

to add:
folding mug
swap gas cylinder for a small one so breakfast muesli fits in the kettle

I like to have my full Trangia with kettle and the works, it is my luxury item, being able to cook a good meal in any weather and a proper cup of tea can turn any bad day good.

vernon

Catrike UK said:
I like to have my full Trangia with kettle and the works, it is my luxury item, being able to cook a good meal in any weather and a proper cup of tea can turn any bad day good.

I've never considered the kettle to be an essential part of any Trangia set up. If the weather is going to be foul, I won't go camping - not for a one night stop.

I want a light weight set up for back to back 200km Audaxes with an overnight stop to seperate them. I haven't got around to weighing my 'lightweight' set up but it is considerably less than my 'normal' luxurious set up.

Top Bottom