Wales : Dyfed Trans Cambrian Route Sat 20th October.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lukesdad

lukesdad

very nice pics indeed rob.

Large

Duty idiot
Anyone able to tell me in which climb category the Black Mountain climb from Gwynfe back to Brynaman on the A4069 is classified? Just wondering how it would compare with those on the Grand Tours. I did ride up it once. About 25 years ago!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Anyone able to tell me in which climb category the Black Mountain climb from Gwynfe back to Brynaman on the A4069 is classified? Just wondering how it would compare with those on the Grand Tours. I did ride up it once. About 25 years ago!

Thats the major climb on the Merlin Sportive .Info may be on their website. I have ridden it several times allways from South to North for some reason. Its known locally as the "Cuckoo" dont know why exactly but theres also a "Cuckoo" pub in Llangadog.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Live and learn. Cheers. The descent from the top down to Llangadog way is amazing except last time I was up there the road had been resurfaced with loose gravell type stuff. The steep bit was still good though just the long flattish run into the town was spoiled.I think its been re tarmaced properly now.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Not sure if this is what you are talking about?

http://app.strava.com/segments/647693

Cat 2, according to Strava - there are other segments along that stretch too...

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Cat's are a moveable feast (fried moggy, anyone?) in GTs dependent on the severity of the rest of the parcours.

Top Bottom