Travel Insurance for Cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex Night Rider

Hi everyone, I'm planing a family trip to Spain and we want to take our bikes with us (3). Last time we had an incident (in France) where someone stole one of the bikes and it was a nightmare so I was checking online but I couldn't find an insurance company that sells policies to cover bikes within their travel insurance, I find some companies doing sports equipment such as ski and etc, but nothing for cyclists.

Does anyone know a good insurance company that does cover bikes, gears and etc?

The Night Rider :-)

chqshaitan

Guru
just a thought bud, but what about your normal household insurance?

OP
OP
Alex Night Rider

Alex Night Rider

A normal household insurance may cover if the bike is at home but most probably not if the the bike is in Spain :smile: but thanks for your tip chqshaitan.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A normal household insurance may cover if the bike is at home but most probably not if the the bike is in Spain :smile: but thanks for your tip chqshaitan.

Not necessarily. Worth phoning and asking them, but usually your personal possessions are covered while you have them with you. That should include whilst on holiday, especially within the EU.. You might need an add-on for full coverage depending on the value of the bikes, but it might be the cheapest way to get insured. Worth a phone call anyway.

OP
OP
Alex Night Rider

Alex Night Rider

Brandane is right about the add-ons I just checked with my home insurance and personal insurance and none of them cover as standard but they could offer an add-on but I decided to insure my bike and also get the travel insurance from Velosure. They are specialized in bikes so I better do it with the people who is keen and passionate about that and they seemed to be just that when I spoke to them on the phone. Price wise is also very good and it covers all sorts of brands and etc.

Top Bottom