Travers Titanium stolen in Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
Motor bike security chains tying 3 bikes together, Gold Secure ground anchors and padlocks inside a garage with toughened doors.

Drago

Legendary Member
...is what they didn't have. No cctv images, no mention of electronic security.

I do feel for them, but it's not as if they've played every card in the deck to protect their property, which is particularly surprising as they've been previously targetted. £4000 on bicycles, nothing on target hardening.

dim

My insurance (Wiggle) states that the bike has to be secured with a gold rated lock to a non-moveable object. If not, no payout for theft.

The article states that the bikes were insured and that they will be compensated, so perhaps they had ground anchors and the thieves used angle grinders?

...is what they didn't have. No cctv images, no mention of electronic security.

I do feel for them, but it's not as if they've played every card in the deck to protect their property, which is particularly surprising as they've been previously targetted. £4000 on bicycles, nothing on target hardening.
Did you read the same article ? I can't see anything about them being robbed before , and a "thick chain" suggests it was well secured .

Milkfloat

An Peanut
garage - shed -same thing really ...
(unless there is a burglar alarm in the garage) ....

I don't see why. Not all houses have or use alarms, plus the public really don't care about them anyway. There is a limit to what you can do to protect your bikes. By all means make it very difficult for people, but it is impossible to be 100% secure. I would say that the poor family in this story did a good job, they were locked away, a heavy chain was used and the bikes were insured. If they had been in the house, perhaps they would have also been stolen.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
He has ridden it twice and it has been stolen.

I doubt if the thieves had seen him riding it and worked out where he lived. This could well be a neighbour or even someone associated with the supplier.

I don't see why he would need to keep the bike in the house if it is insured. It sounds like he has taken reasonable steps tostop it being stolen and has been unfortunate.

e-rider

crappy member
I would also suspect involvement from a neighbour or leaked info from the supplier - they clearly knew the bikes were in there and he'd only had it 3 weeks

Top Bottom