Treadmill Location Recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smithy101

I've bought a Treadmill to train on when the weather is not too great (like at the moment). The family are also planning on using it. I can either put in the house or garage. My longer term plan is to set up a small gym in the garage e.g. TT for the bike and a weight bench.
I cannot decide on the best place to put the Treadmill. I’ve heard lots of conflicting advice on where the Treadmill can go. Some say it must be temperature controlled, due to moisture etc getting into the electronics and easier to set up in the house. Others say use in the garage and it should be fine. I’ve spoken to the manufacture and shop where I purchased!! Given the Treadmill weighs over 135 kgs I’m a bit loath to drag into the house. If I use in the garage what is the best way to prolong the life of the Treadmill, e.g. heat the garage (it’s a double) until the room has reached a temperature –this could be expensive!!
What is the best type of heating to use?
Any advice much appreciated.

lulubel

Über Member
What advice did the manufacturer give you? I'd go with that.

avsd

Guru
In the bin. I hate threadmills.:laugh:

I would leave it in the house. Once it is in the garage it will be hard to move out and leave less room for 'mini-gym'

400bhp

Guru
135kgs = put on solid floor :whistle:

Ours is in the garage. out of the way and dont need a fan on when in use.

Mine is in the garage, cool in summer with back door open, bring a little heater in to take the chill off the air in the winter. I like to go out and do my own thing without interuption and easier to do that in the garage. Not used it for a while, thinking of getting back into it soon. I have my exercise bike in the house and concentrating on that just now.

Ningishzidda

http://www.newitts.com/product/IT031321/Gunn_and_Moore_Original_Multi_Function_Cricket_Shoes.htm?utm_source=Google Base&utm_medium=Price Comparison&utm_campaign=Google Product Search&utm_content=IT031321&LGWCODE=IT031327;49145;3037&gclid=CLjL3onViLUCFSHHtAod3hAADA

A few years back, I bought a pair of the predecessor of these to go running across wet grass, ice and snow.
A bagful of spare spikes are essential. When you hit tarmac, the rear two wear in no time.

A damned sight cheaper than a treadmill.

Top Bottom