Trek 1.2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeB18

I am looking to get my first road bike and whilst browsing gumtree I found this Trek 1.2

http://www.gumtree.com/london/43/60994243.html

I am just wondering if this bike is any good and is it good for the money?

I would just like to know what you people think and if you could give me some help as you have more knowledge than I do,.

JNR

That looks to be about spot on really. A mate at work has one, it's excellent value for the money being charged there. You've got a partial carbon bike there for £310, I'd snap it up at that price. I bought a full carbon bike as my 'start and finish for the forseable future bike'. I said I'd ride it all through winter as a commuter and triathlon training bike, get it serviced and really look after it, but I don't think I can bare riding it through the winter weather and salted roads.

If I was in London and saw that advert myself I'd buy it.

EDIT: A very quick google reveals that a Trek 1.2 sells for £600 and that one you have seen has better kit on it, Shimano 105 stuff instead of the lower end.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
This bike normally comes with Shimano Sora group set and goes for about 600. Someone has spent a lot of money upgrading this one to 105/Tiagra kit and now wants 310 for it ??.

It may be a real bargain ,if so get there quickly and snap it up but just be aware of the old saying,if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Banjo said:
This bike normally comes with Shimano Sora group set and goes for about 600. Someone has spent a lot of money upgrading this one to 105/Tiagra kit and now wants 310 for it ??.

It may be a real bargain ,if so get there quickly and snap it up but just be aware of the old saying,if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Yes be aware that it maybe stolen ,its a price you have to pay if you buy anything second hand.
I am not saying it is or that the seller is dodgy ,just buyer beware.
Looks like a stock photo has the seller any "real " pics?

OP
OP
M

MikeB18

I also made a thread on bikeradar about this bike and people have replied saying that the picture and specs or for the Trek 2.1. I have spoke to the seller and he claims he has a receipt even though he bought it off gumtree himself. I am possibly viewing the bike and I will let you know how it goes. He seems very keen to sell it

navrat_biker

that is a great price for the trek 1.2 (even if it is a double not triple) esp if upgraded groupset too... wow! snap up.

Top Bottom