Trek 3700... The bringing back to life

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ap1799

I am new at this and have no idea what I am doing. What I do know is that I need a new fork, handle grips, and seat. Where can I start and how to I know what to upgrade as well. My bike is a Trek 3700. Taking on this project with my free extra time and looking forward to the challenge!! Where do I start?

Attachments

• image8.jpeg
    image8.jpeg
    17.6 KB · Views: 16
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 16
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 17
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    19.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 14
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    19.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    20.6 KB · Views: 16

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Why do you think you need a new fork? If it’s not working correctly you can just lock it out with the dial on the fork legs. As for the rest I should buy new cables, inner and outer, remember they are different for brakes and shifters. Your photos are quite poor quality so I’m afraid I can’t see what condition the chainset is in but looks okay but a new chain might be a good idea. You’ll need a cutter for the cables.
Are the head bearings okay? Hold the front brake on and push the bars to and fro, any movement indicates wear unless it’s in the fork.
Any play in the Bottom Bracket? Wiggle the cranks, if they move you need to replace the bearings. Videos on YouTube (also goes for the other things as well).
Are the wheels true? If not run them down to a bike shop, shouldn’t cost too much.
Perhaps some new tyres, if riding mainly on the road consider some smoother tread types.
Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom