Trek 4300 Alpha MTB frame for sale for very little money

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi folks

Bit of a long story behind this frame, but to spare you the details, it's been sat in my cellar for the last few years as a "project". I've finally accepted that I'm never going to do it up, make it into a single-speed, become an urban trials biker or any of the other meandering daydreams I used to have when I looked at it, so it's time to let it go and get some space back.

It's a Trek Alpha 4300. It's in well-used condition i.e. plenty of chips and scrapes, but no dings or fatal knocks. It is as seen - there are no bits for it other than what is on it. I think the bottom bracket is OK and the chainwheel still has a bit of life left.

Anyone offer me £70 incl P&P for it?

Cheers

TI

What size is it ?

Simon

OP
OP
T
Yeah, I realised this morning on the way to work that I should have put the size on.

I think it's 54 or 56 cm. It fits me and I am 5' 11''. I'll have another look this evening.

TI

karan733

Im mulling over an offer for this ;) I have a BSO which I wanted to sell, but I could just transfer the parts over to your frame from the looks of it.

karan733

Can I ask if everything in good working order? Does anything on the frame (forks, cranks, hbars etc) need replacing?

OP
OP
T
I'm not an expert in MTBs, but I've given this a close look over. Forks have bounce left in them and can be altered from hard to soft, handlebars are good, cranks are good, chainwheel has some life left in it but will need replacing soon. It hasn't been downhilled, to my knowledge, and has been in a dry cellar for the last few years.

OP
OP
T
Happy to take offers on this. I would like to cover postage costs and have a few quid over to buy SWMBO some flowers. I'd rather see it go to a cyclist who will do it up and make a bike out of it, but if not I'll offer it out on Freecycle and then on to the dump if I don't get any takers.

I'm seriously tempted - I've got the 07 model of the 4300 and because it's so ridiculously comfortable to ride, I keep thinking about sticking a rigid fork and some racks on it and take it touring - I know mtb's aren't supposed to make great tourers, but surely if the frame is comfortable and strong enough it can't go terribly wrong? On the other hand, I don't want to lose my mtb either, so I've never actually carried out the plan. This one might just give me a chance to have a play and stick the stuff I want on it...Then again, is it worth it? By the time I've paid for the frame, bought the bits to turn it into a bike plus paid for someone to assemble the stuff I can't, etc would I be better off just buying a new bike? Plus, I'm skint anyway...oh, what to do, someone help!!!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom