Trek 5000 stolen 31st July, Stoke Newington, N London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mossy199

Hello All,
My beloved Trek 5000 was stolen from my flat staircase last night. I am completely gutted as it was (and still is i hope) my pride of joy and had just completed the Dunwich Dynamo last week. The thieves had sawed through the staircase and took the bike with the lock still attached to the frame :-(

I have some pics included here,and I have not seen another Trek 5000 in London and Ive had the bike for near 4 years. The stem on the bike was broken during the Dunwich Ride so its now slopped at an angle, which would also make it stand out.

I will keep an eye on ebay,gumtree and will be down brick lane on saturday/sunday for a look. Any other sites/places i should look at? Since the bike needs to be fixed, would i bother going to bike shops in the area and give my details?

If anyone can help, would be very much appreciated...its really was my pride and joy :-( :-( :-(

Maurice
mosso@hotmail.com

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 171
  • bike stem broken.jpg
    bike stem broken.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 186

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sorry to hear you've been visted by scroats, good luck in finding it.

you might want to amend the title... 31st July surely.

Thats the 2nd bike that belongs to a cc member to be stolen in london in less than 24hrs now.. glad im a northerner its far nicer up here..
keep your eye out mossy you never know it might just turn up.. fingers crossed for you..

OP
OP
M

mossy199

Yes, ive changed the date!

Ive havent seen another trek 5000 in london..and ive been cycling for it for a few years now. Havr a leafet made up, so going to leave it in bike shops in the area as it needs to be repaired. Need some "luck of the Irish" now for sure.

Sorry to hear you've been visted by scroats, good luck in finding it.

you might want to amend the title... 31st July surely.

Howard

Yes, ive changed the date!

Ive havent seen another trek 5000 in london..and ive been cycling for it for a few years now. Havr a leafet made up, so going to leave it in bike shops in the area as it needs to be repaired. Need some "luck of the Irish" now for sure.

Post the details to the London Fixed Gear and Single Speed forum Stolen Bikes thread - nobody there is going to get shirty that your bike isn't SS, and there are some success stories on there so all is not lost.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
The thieves had sawed through the staircase and took the bike with the lock still attached to the frame :-(
Very sorry to hear. :sad:

It's a gorgeous bike, but very odd for someone to have gone so much risk and trouble for a bike of that age. I would have thought definitely worth circulating details to local bike shops: the components can't be worth much, so it does seem likely they'll be looking to repair it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My son's (student) flat was burgled. they stole his flatmates dutch bike, actually a nasty gas pipe dutch bike copy, only thing they took. Stoke Newington is funny like that. He's hoping for a quieter life in Stamford Hill this year.

Actually the first thing I noticed when I moved him into Stoke Newington was the number of cyclists, followed quickly by the inappropriateness of some of their steads, e.g. little old lady of a certain age type riding a brompton with a fag hanging from her lip and carrier bag on the saddle. hoodie teen on a bianchi, old fat bloke on a spesh singlespeed. Then I remembered all about Brick Lane and all became clear.

OP
OP
M

mossy199

Looks like i will be going to the haunts this weekend in London to try and find it!

Howard

Top Bottom