Trek 7.5 FX VERSUS Giant CRS Alliance?

Which is the better bike for me?!

  • Giant CRS Alliance 2008

    Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Trek 7.5 FX 2008

    Votes: 1 100.0%

  • Total voters
    1
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi guys :thumbsup:

I need a light, fairly fast, solid bike which WILL cope with city roads, 40 mile road trips, the occasional uneven slab and pothole, perhaps a tiny tiny bit of cobbles, and quite smooth bike paths. I will NOT be using it off road or on bike tracks ie. on muddy, sandy, rocky surfaces. I have narrowed my search down to the Trek 7.5 FX 2008 and the Giant CRS Alliance 2008. I ruled out the Specialized Sirrus Elite 2008 for being quite a harsh ride, not coping well with city roads and having puncturable factory default tyres. Also ruled out the Giant FCR 1 2008 as it is a road bike with flatbars which probably isnt versatile enough. Not all roads I'll be on will be perfectly smooth and I dont want to have the handlebars rattling in my hands too much. Please vote guys!

Thanks for all your time and help!
Daniel
 
Location
Dorset
the trek 7.5fx is a gd bike for the money :thumbsup: would be gd for what your looking for
 

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Location
Bristol
danielcpaterson said:
I ruled out the Specialized Sirrus Elite 2008 for being quite a harsh ride, not coping well with city roads and having puncturable factory default tyres.

Welcome Daniel - I don't have any knowledge of those bikes so I'm not commenting on them, but if you are buying from a bike shop you should be able to negotiate what tyres are supplied on the bike for the difference between the two tyres. I swapped various things at the point of purchase (saddle, tyres etc).
 
Top Bottom