Trek Checkpoint AL3 Sizing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ross-yeo

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get your recommendations on the Trek Checkpoint. I am 180cm tall with an inseam of 82cm and I sit around two sizes for this model, the 56cm and 58cm. My LBS current has a 58cm in stock and felt good to ride and they are pushing for me to get that one but my concern is as it is my first proper bike I'm not certain on sizing and it might be too big? What would you all recommend?

Thank you!

vickster

Legendary Member
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to get your recommendations on the Trek Checkpoint. I am 180cm tall with an inseam of 82cm and I sit around two sizes for this model, the 56cm and 58cm. My LBS current has a 58cm in stock and felt good to ride and they are pushing for me to get that one but my concern is as it is my first proper bike I'm not certain on sizing and it might be too big? What would you all recommend?

Thank you!
Ask them to get the 56 for you. Don’t let them push you towards the 58 because it’s the one they happen to have in. 180 is 5’11? If so a 58cm is probably too big

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm 174cm and tried the 54 and 56 Checkpoint - the 56 was too big but I would say that it would be right for you. 58 will almost certainly be too big.

I went with a 54 Domane ALR 5 Disc in the end - I ordered a 54 Checkpoint but the disc side dropout is badly designed (imo) and tightening the TA chews off the paint finish - Trek said it couldn't be avoided to which I responded that the equivalent Domane dropout has a small raised lip around it which stops paint flaking off around the outside of the dropout.

I think another member on here posted that he had the same problem a while back - can't remember who though.

Top Bottom