Trek marlin 6 2022 with bafang motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biker2772

I was wondering if the bafang bbshd would be compatible with the bottom bracket. Would there be any issues? Its a 10 gears only at the back.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Looks like the Marlin 6 has threaded bottom bracket so you should be fine. If in doubt ask Bafang or the seller.

JhnBssll

Veteran
A friend has a Marlin with a Bafang motor fitted. The particular motor he has is designed for a 68mm BB width and his Marlin has a 73mm width. Whoever fitted it has added 5mm spacers to the non-driveside motor brackets to get around this but the threaded portion that goes through the BB is only long enough to fit one of the two fastening rings - the outer lock ring is glued on :wacko: This means this single ring has to be tightened way past where I'd feel comfortable and secured with extra strength thread lock to prevent the motor moving around and coming loose for as long as possible. I have had to remove and refasten it twice now for him and I dread it coming in for a third time :laugh:

Do Bafang now do a motor kit suitable for a 73mm BB width? If not I would reconsider.

CXRAndy

Guru
You can get different width BBSHD motors depending on bottom bracket width. Check out Bafang website for correct motor for your bike frame. A threaded bottom bracket are generally ideal donors for conversion

Top Bottom