Tri shoes for training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Do some review searches for them. It will give you some idea.

Sharky

Guru
Cycling shoes last for years as you walk very little in them. It's a good idea to use the same shoes for training and road riding, so you get comfortable with the positioning of the cleats etc.
White shoes look good when they are new, but don't stay white for long, so be wary of buying white shoes.
Velcro straps are OK. I've a pair with velcro, but after a while, they get stuck in a set position and can't be "extra" tightened up for when you are climbing or racing.
Shoes with a ratchet system can be "extra" tightened.
The best pair I had was a pair of Diadora's, which had traditional Shoe laces, with a velcro flap which covered the front of the shoe/laces - they were black.

CXRAndy

Guru
Shimano do MTB SPD shoes which are usually quite cheap for last years model. Pedals are cheap too. All the benefits of clip in and being able to walk properly

Example Here

OP
OP
T

tdcadillac

Cycling shoes last for years as you walk very little in them. It's a good idea to use the same shoes for training and road riding, so you get comfortable with the positioning of the cleats etc.
White shoes look good when they are new, but don't stay white for long, so be wary of buying white shoes.
Velcro straps are OK. I've a pair with velcro, but after a while, they get stuck in a set position and can't be "extra" tightened up for when you are climbing or racing.
Shoes with a ratchet system can be "extra" tightened.
The best pair I had was a pair of Diadora's, which had traditional Shoe laces, with a velcro flap which covered the front of the shoe/laces - they were black.
Thanks Sharky!

Top Bottom