Tri Training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
heyyy

been cycling now for about 4 years and was thinking about mixing it up abit, so im going to do a triathlon!!

just wondering if anyone else has done one and have any training advice for me!!!

thanks ;)

iLB

Hello there
here's a tip, post this in the training forum !! :smile: :smile: :thumbsup:

Will1985

Über Member
If you don't do any running at the moment, start building up from short distances but take it gently as the legs won't be used to using some of the different muscle groups.

Don't bother with any brick sessions to start with.

I'm thinking of doing a sprint tri this year. I'd be fine on the ride (23 mins conserving some energy), and am capable of a 17 minute 5km run. I'm let down by the fact I can't swim more than about 50 metres before I start dying - that's clearly where I'm going to have to focus the training!

OP
OP
MadoneRider1991

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
im doing a 1500m swim, 40km bike ride, 10km run.

the only thing im worried about is the run because i can run around 2 miles atm and then im dead :smile:

was just wondering if anyone has any or knows of any training guides for triathlons

Will1985

Über Member
TriTalk could be useful. In terms of books, Joe Friel's Triathlete's Training Bible might help, although it it geared towards those who focus on multisport.

ACS

Legendary Member
MadoneRider1991 said:
im doing a 1500m swim, 40km bike ride, 10km run.

the only thing im worried about is the run because i can run around 2 miles atm and then im dead :smile:

was just wondering if anyone has any or knows of any training guides for triathlons

Think I saw something of this ilk near the cycling magazines in WH Smiths this afternoon.

ACS

Legendary Member
MadoneRider1991 said:
which one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile:

I was in Dundee at the time.:smile: I am sorry but I do not recall the name of the publication just noted its presence on the shelf. To hazard a guess it was something like Triathlon training for beginners.

There are number listed here and being an ex-pre drafting type Triathlon junkie I found this to be very appropriate. Best of luck, they say cycling is addictive............

davidg

i am doing a sprint for the first time this year, followed by another sprint, followed by the Hyde park olympic one!

i have Friels book and can recommend it although it is a hell of a read...really builds a plan for you.

other more simple sites that I have used for just building up volume is http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/training/trainingplans-list.asp?h=1

they have lots of plans there for example one for a sprint where you can do six sessions a week over 16 weeks is
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=30
it does all of the periodisation and building up/tapering off for you and some brick race specific days nearer to the event....

mr Mag00

rising member
220 is great website madone, which one you doing as i to am thinking of dabbling having done them XX years ago. we should do some rides together as we are not far from one another

Top Bottom