Triathalon. Never again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

montage said:
got a triathlon in 6 weeks.

Been a long distance runner for a while....moved into cycling recently and ok at swimming...GREAT!

2 months ago Knees busted, can't run or cycling for about another 3 weeks.

Swimming at least once a day at the moment..sometimes 2...

what distance are you doing ?
what exactly did you do to your knees ?

montage

God Almighty
peanut said:
what distance are you doing ?
what exactly did you do to your knees ?

fast twitch...so

400m swim
18 mile bike
3 mile run

so only a baby one.....but that of course means speed is of the essence.

Got pretty bad ITBS which I am only just getting over despite working hard to get rid of it.

Will1985

Über Member
peanut said:
Maybe we should see if we could make up some regional CC Tri teams. There seem to be loads of runners on here :biggrin:
That would be pretty cool - as individuals or a relay? Being a cycling forum, I expect people wouldn't be happy missing out on their favourite discipline.

I'm starting to wonder if I should try to improve my swimming to at least be able to do a sprint tri.

Young Un

Will1985 said:
That would be pretty cool - as individuals or a relay? Being a cycling forum, I expect people wouldn't be happy missing out on their favourite discipline.

I'm starting to wonder if I should try to improve my swimming to at least be able to do a sprint tri.

My and two mates were going to enter a team triathlon in Stratford back in may, but it turned out I was on holiday so the plan folded. There is however, I think, one later in the year and we are keen to kick some adult ass!:biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Dont you have to have your brain removed to do triathalon?:wacko:

:biggrin::laugh:

Actually, ive always fancied Iron Man. Just so i could really push my body. But i dont run and dont swim so.......:wacko:

montage

God Almighty
Joe24 said:
Dont you have to have your brain removed to do triathalon?:wacko:

:wacko::biggrin:

Actually, ive always fancied Iron Man. Just so i could really push my body. But i dont run and dont swim so.......:wacko:

Ironman 70.3 is one of my goals for next year :biggrin:

Bigtwin

peanut said:
if you fancy doing a Tri but your swimming lets you down you might consider trying the Old English Sidestroke. Don't larf it really works and its lots quicker than breast stroke.Its like doing breast stoke on your side
My grandfather was a serious ocean swimmer, and used to train by swimming out and round the Bass Rock come all weathers.

He used that stroke as it's the only way you can keep the ocean out yer face to breathe.

He called it the Trudgeon. Possibly a Scots name for it.

Top Bottom