TRIBAN 3 is back

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markharry66

Über Member
Great bike with worlds most uncomfortable saddle :smile:

J2013

Morning all

First post as a new member so go easy on me ! I'm not sure whether to post this message on this thread or the Triban 3 Owners thread but here goes......

I am one of the many it would appear fairly recent converts to cycling. I have played a number of sports in the past, principally football but have had various injury issues over the years (knees,back,groin) which have led me to looking at a form of exercise with less impact on the old body ! I had an operation in February (Gilmore's Groin) on both left and right groins, left still proving to be troublesome so there may be a need for a further op or extended rehabiltation. Long term though I would like to be able to get out on a road bike and perhaps complete some races/sportives, perhaps in the thirty to fifty mile range in future.

I have cycled previously, (thanks to my Dad's hybrid) but am really only interested in road cycling. I have looked online at certain options ( I will go to a shop to try the bikes out and not by over the internet to get a feel for the bike) one of which appeals is the Norco Valence A3 2014 road bike, available from a large national retailer - I don't think that should break any advertising rules:thumbsup:. It seems as if the frame has a more relaxed style which may aid me. I am not going to spend a huge amount on my first road bike and the £650 would be right at the top of my limit. I've also looked at the Raleigh Revenio1 (£600), again the frame might be reasonably relaxed. However, given the Triban 3 is now available with carbon forks once more for approx £300 would this frame be relaxed enough and not too 'sporty' for a beginner ?

Thanks in advance for any replies about the three bikes listed above or general comments.

Top Bottom