Triban 300 or 500 - can you fit mudguards?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Hi all,
A friend of mine is thinking of buying an entry level road bike for commuting and has asked for my advice, and the Triban 300 & 500 both fall into his price range.
Can anyone advise if you can fit standard mudguards to these frames i.e. do they have mudguard eyelets on the frames, or would you need to look at fitting Race Blades?
Thanks

Cyclist33

Look at some images on google'!

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe a second hand Ribble winter bike would make a better commuter? Or a Giant Defy, you can get specific mudguards for those

vickster

Legendary Member
Ahem

image.jpg

Would you really do without mudguards on a commuter?! Not that the genesis is...

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep I would and do, 5 days a week, and yes your photo proves my point!!
and you don't mind turning up at work with skid marks... :ohmy:

You are now on ignore after insulting my bike...no joke

Cyclist33

Not in the slightest.

I just think they ruin a road bikes clean lines and are largely pointless.

I can just about see why you'd have a front mudguard but that's all, even then since after almost any ride I would shower and change clothes I don't feel the need.

outlash

also available in orange
Not in the slightest.

I just think they ruin a road bikes clean lines and are largely pointless.

I can just about see why you'd have a front mudguard but that's all, even then since after almost any ride I would shower and change clothes I don't feel the need.

Fair enough, the pragmatist in me says mudguards keep the spray down and saves time in cleaning and maintaining the bike. What's your stance on ass savers?

Top Bottom