Trice T 26" - fitting rack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spiro

The ICE website says the 26" version of the T takes a 'standard' rear rack but when I look at the picture of the one they offer it appears to have longer stays to reach the seat mount which acts as the 2nd mount point for the rack. Am I wrong and it is a standard rack or is it a standard rack that needs special stays? Dont necessarily want the one from ICE but dont want to waste time and money buying one from a LBS or the net thats not going to fit.

Cullin

Über Member
It does seem to look like a conventional rack with as you say, a longer stay, best have a sniff round a rack on a DF,
Rear carrier for 26" Trice models only
£29.41 inc vat and carriage
Price is about the same as I would expect a normal one to be, With the longer stays, lateral strength would be my forst worry, as racks are normally rated at 25Kg load weight.
I'm sure someone out there has a rack on a Ice 26".
Hope you get to the bottom of it.

ICE Rear Carrier

I have a Q26 and the ICe supplied rack has long stays which reach down to the seat mount. Seems to be quite rigid though. Note that it has quite a narrow platform (10.5 cm) and from the rear looks quite triangulated and therefore should be strong. I like it.:biggrin:

Cullin

Über Member
Glad someone has one, so it can put spiro's mind at rest.
What sort of loads have you had on it.
I have the 20" Q and the rack triangulated does look good. on the narrow platform, I manage to get an Altura Rack bag fitted with no problems, when camping, wife has rack bag and I have the tent, Vango Omega 350.

Cullin said:
Glad someone has one, so it can put spiro's mind at rest.
What sort of loads have you had on it.
I have the 20" Q and the rack triangulated does look good. on the narrow platform, I manage to get an Altura Rack bag fitted with no problems, when camping, wife has rack bag and I have the tent, Vango Omega 350.

So far nothing exceptional but I'm planning a tour by trike later in July and I'll report on how it does. The only thing I've found is that my Altura rack pack is a tad too wide for it and my Revolution rack pack fits better.

p.s. I have also adapted one for use on a Bachetta giro 20 which fitted with some adaptation.

OP
OP
S

spiro

swscotland bentrider said:
I have a Q26 and the ICe supplied rack has long stays which reach down to the seat mount. Seems to be quite rigid though. Note that it has quite a narrow platform (10.5 cm) and from the rear looks quite triangulated and therefore should be strong. I like it.:smile:
Looks like I need to order one. I'll be interested in the 'spacer' they supply to allow it to be used with a rear disk brake.

Top Bottom