trick to getting disc wheel back in ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Then you have one sticky piston that needs cleaning and lubricating. There is plenty of literature online on curing that and you needn't suffer from the consequences of that problem unnecessarily. It can be cured. Just remember that in the disc brake there is no mechanism for retracting pistons/pads after the lever was pulled. It is just co-incidental that the rubber seals flex a bit and pulls the piston back slightly if it has no dirt causing too much stiction in it.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Novela is adjustable on both sides - but one side is passive. In other words only the side activated by the cable moves. The passive side is easily backed off with an allen key - but the main thing with discs is the fact that it is much easier to get them back into place if the bike has been turned upside down.
In terms of maintenance, the passive side needs to be moved inwards occasionally to compensate for pad wear. On a frequently used mountain bike, used off road,this might need adjusting inwards a smidgeon every few weeks (or more frequently if really used and abused) On my trike which had Novela brakes on the front. I was doing about 300 miles a month and only needed to adjust them every few months, and then only about half a turn.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Bit of an update , managed to get the set up right , ............atm

They were still squealing like mad so i stumped up for some disc brake cleaner and gave them a good dousing and now the screech has gone.

Top Bottom