Tricky Icelandic pedestrian crossing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gary E

Veteran
Love it but my worry would be that a driver would see it, swerve to avoid hitting those massive concrete blocks, and take out half a dozen pedestrians who're waiting to cross :smile:

Gary E

Veteran
I've seen something similar where they've painted 3D children in the road and in Nottingham there's a village that has concrete bollards next to the road that look (at least at first glance) like kids on the edge of the pavement waiting to cross. The bollards certainly get your attention!

Something like this...
_53685714_newbollards.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've seen something similar where they've painted 3D children in the road and in Nottingham there's a village that has concrete bollards next to the road that look (at least at first glance) like kids on the edge of the pavement waiting to cross. The bollards certainly get your attention!

Something like this...
View attachment 380336
Creepy, looks like a remake of village of the damned.

Something like this...
View attachment 380336

With some creative graffiti those kids could become something fun.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
My daughter is in Iceland right now, on a School trip.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro

Something like this...
View attachment 380336
Antony Gormley's work has gone downhill.

presta

Guru
Love it but my worry would be that a driver would see it, swerve to avoid hitting those massive concrete blocks, and take out half a dozen pedestrians who're waiting to cross :smile:
The kids on bikes swerved to avoid the blocks.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
In Holland they have little orange cutouts that look like a child just about to dash out from behind a lamppost or junction box. They look crude but I suspect they are pretty effective. I thought I had a photo of one, but I can't find it.
There's some out in the fens. I think two are in Padney but they're not on Streetview.

Top Bottom