1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tricross

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by MarkF, 18 Sep 2007.

1. MarkF

MarkF Guru

Ok, I've thought about a Specialized Globe, I've given the Dawes Horizon a little bit of thought now I am thinking "Tricross"!;)

Opinions please from owners or past owners of this do-it-aller

2. ash68

ash68 New Member

put mudguards and rack on mine to use as commutor/winter bike last year.Did its job well. W ould have prefered a triple chainset but mine is a compact 34/48. Fitted wider range cassette on as well. Ready for another winter now, but needed new headset & bottom bracket after last winter (approx 8000miles) which i was a little disapointed with. Overall happy enough but next time may look at ribble winter bike or similar as they seem a little lighter for mainly road use.

3. johnr

johnr Über Member

Had one since March. Also love it. Feel very confident at leaving the tarmac and taking to tracks on it.

4. Old Walrus

Old Walrus Über Member

Bought one in June. Added SKS 'guards and originally a rack, however the handling wasn't too good with the rack so have reverted to a rucksack. Commute is 9-10 miles each way with hills, the bike is happy whether being pushed or just poodling.
    Buy!