Tried to push me off?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

Problem is that identifying the driver doesn't identify the lad who touched you. Unless the driver is prepared to name names there probably isn't a lot the police can do. The CPS would probably throw it out anyway.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The drivers cards are marked. They will have him. The one that tried to run me off the road had 'intelligence' on him... it all adds up.

Well done.

delport

Well - update. Having got back from holiday I returned a call I'd had from the police, and they asked me to come in to the nick this morning. Interesting chat with Mr Plod. He phoned PNC to ask for an ID on the driver, this lit up a few lamps at once and got him excited, he said he knows the kid well, he's a "little scrot-bag" (his exact words) but he won't tell them anything if they pull him in. Apparently it's his own car (where do they get the dosh? Rich Daddy?) and he's "well known" to the BiB. So the PC said, thanks very much for the information, I signed a brief statement to say I was happy for it to be used 'for intelligence only', not bring any charges - but on the other hand if anything else crops up...

That is a decent result.

I've had hassle a few times on the road from young drivers cruising by while i was cycling, so far it hasn't resulted in a crash or accident.
As i've said before, i get fed up with it, as it seems nothing can be done, and we have to tolerate any type of attack on us and just get on with it.
I have spoken to police before after getting a load of liquid sprayed on me by passing youths near Cosham, the police said, sorry to hear you have been drenched, but there are no cameras on that main road.

I've had an idiot or should i say idiots try to boot my front wheel while it was in fast motion outside a pub at closing time, 2 am or something, i had no way to escape, it was at a roundabout in Portchester, and these guys blocked off the whole road in a mob, they were egging each other on to damage to me why i cycled by, i was a bit too quick for them and they missed booting my front wheel, the kick was a few inches short.I had only been out on a quiet cycle to the late night tesco.

Then i had another guy on the gosport road launch a punch at my face because he was stumbling home drunk with a friend, again he missed contact, his friend who was helping him home, just apologised for his friends actions and said he is drunk.

OP
OP

661-Pete

I think the above posts sum it up pretty well.

The PC told me, you can have a little scrote who's been in and out of the nick every other day of his teenage life, but the magistrates won't pay a blind bit of notice, they can only judge him on the offence he's currently charged with, and if there isn't corroborative witness evidence, forget it. Not an earthly! But getting his card marked, so the coppers don't lose interest in him, that can only be a Good Thing. If the Plod get into the habit of following him around when they spot him on the road, they may just catch him in the act of something.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Exactly Pete - I went for prosecution, but they couldn't pin him - he admitted being on the road, and my 'hand in the air' was OK for him to drive 1500KG of car at me... "I was agressive" - .... needless to say, it's been added to the 'list'... The driver is toast if he get's caught for anything else. SORTED.

monnet

Guru
Really sorry to hear this Pete. Hopefully the police are keeping an eye on the little sh1t.
I had an incident up in Lancashire of a similar nature a few years ago. It basically involved a few close passes and a passenger throwing lucozade (of al the ironies) over me. I reported it immediately and Mr Plod was very interested. I got the plate and Plod went round to the driver and, to quote him, 'leant on him a bit' (the copper was a big bloke, Iwouldn' want him leaning on me!). Anyway, he couldn't do anything about the aggressive driving legally as it was all my word against his but he got the name of the kid who did it who was actually charged with a section 7 (I think) assault - the lowest grade there is.

From what I heard (it turned out the lucozade thrower was very tenuously related to someone my family knows!) the kid who was charged was scared stiff and it's straightened him out and the driver was given to understand his name and car was now known.

I took heart from the way the police dealt with it. I've seen less proactive responses for incidents here in Gloucestershire.

Top Bottom