Tried to push me off?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If so, a very half-hearted attempt. But the overtake was close - damn close! On my way home this evening. Less than a foot I reckon. And a hand gave me a gentle push on the bum. At first I thought it was part of the car that had touched me, but the passenger (teenage scrote) leaned out and laughed, then threw an empty plastic drinks cup at me.

If this was an attempt at an assault, or worse, it failed miserably. I didn't even wobble. Nevertheless it's gone on Sussex Police's Operation Crackdown. My first chance to try out the site! I think I got most or all of the reg. number. Those kids may try it again on someone else, the next 'victim' may not be so lucky.

(*sigh*) :angry:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Double check the reg on askmid web site,

OP
OP

661-Pete

Whereabouts? Just so I know to keep an eye out.
Burgess Hill. On the Victoria industrial estate.
The Reg. number as near as I could get it, was GY02YWM but I'm not sure of the 'M'. Black or dark blue medium size hatchback. Three or four youths in car.

BSRU

A Human Being
From the registration your gave:-

Registration: GY02 YWM Description: Vauxhall Corsa SXI 16V Body Type: Hatchback Colour: Black

Bingo I'd say.

Corsa, Yoofs. Rings true doesn't it.

Haven't people before reported this as sexual assault? I don't see why you can't. Extra shame for the yoofs when plod catches up with them.

davefb

Guru

Haven't people before reported this as sexual assault? I don't see why you can't. Extra shame for the yoofs when plod catches up with them.

grrr , its a terrible stereotype.... ;)

though might explain the stupid quotes for insurance i'm getting at the moment :sad:

OP
OP

661-Pete

From the registration your gave:-

Registration: GY02 YWM Description: Vauxhall Corsa SXI 16V Body Type: Hatchback Colour: Black
Corsa. Yep that looks right (I had a good sight of the car but I'm utterly hopeless at recognising modern makes/models, anyway Google confirms it).

That would be amusing - considering my ageing dumpy grey-haired appearance - but I suppose touching any strange person on the bottom counts as 'indecent assault' under present-day PC laws... I don't suppose the Plod will hook onto that angle though...

TBH I'm more bothered about the deliberate deadly-close overtake, than anything else. Maybe I need to get my camera up and running again, but it's only a cheapo ATC2K and not really up to the job ... if I'd caught this on decent video, it would have been a real show-stopper, maybe even out-Magnatom'ing Magnatom! :biggrin:

BSRU

A Human Being
The Police will be most interested in the sexual assault, if they can get a conviction it would put the culprit on the sex offenders register.
It is definitely sexual assault as I had a friend who after a few drinks would find it amusing to smack women on the bottom, despite being told by everyone to stop being such a deviant, he carried on, one night he slapped the bottom of an off duty WPC, he ended up on the sex offenders register for five years.

OP
OP

661-Pete

Well - update. Having got back from holiday I returned a call I'd had from the police, and they asked me to come in to the nick this morning. Interesting chat with Mr Plod. He phoned PNC to ask for an ID on the driver, this lit up a few lamps at once and got him excited, he said he knows the kid well, he's a "little scrot-bag" (his exact words) but he won't tell them anything if they pull him in. Apparently it's his own car (where do they get the dosh? Rich Daddy?) and he's "well known" to the BiB. So the PC said, thanks very much for the information, I signed a brief statement to say I was happy for it to be used 'for intelligence only', not bring any charges - but on the other hand if anything else crops up...

So I reiterate, anyone who spots this car (details above) in the Mid-Sussex area, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath especially, doing anything silly, put it down in the Operation Crackdown website. The Plod want evidence if they're to nail this bit of scum.

Perhaps it's time to dust off the helmet-cam. That's the sort of evidence that would really work.

Rebel Ian

Well - update. Having got back from holiday I returned a call I'd had from the police, and they asked me to come in to the nick this morning. Interesting chat with Mr Plod. He phoned PNC to ask for an ID on the driver, this lit up a few lamps at once and got him excited, he said he knows the kid well, he's a "little scrot-bag" (his exact words) but he won't tell them anything if they pull him in. Apparently it's his own car (where do they get the dosh? Rich Daddy?) and he's "well known" to the BiB. So the PC said, thanks very much for the information, I signed a brief statement to say I was happy for it to be used 'for intelligence only', not bring any charges - but on the other hand if anything else crops up...

So I reiterate, anyone who spots this car (details above) in the Mid-Sussex area, Burgess Hill and Haywards Heath especially, doing anything silly, put it down in the Operation Crackdown website. The Plod want evidence if they're to nail this bit of scum.

Perhaps it's time to dust off the helmet-cam. That's the sort of evidence that would really work.

Could the Police have charged him if they or you wanted to? If this had happened to me I'd be pushing them hard to charge them. A quiet chat from the Police will make no difference to people like this, it's an operational hazard in their sad little lives.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Little pratts!! Good for you reporting them - too mnay folk let these things go, thinking they just minor & the police won't do anything, but if they get enough reports they will & it may just prevent something minor from escalating to something much worse x

Top Bottom