trio of excellent movie treats.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Normally i got to the cinema or video shop and end up with spending 2 hrs watching utter shi*e. I am unutterably inept at picking good films.

Past tragedies have been - weekend at bernies
Magnolia
communion

Not the most recent but certainly the worst.

However this weekend i have righted all of my past wrongs with a trio of good films.
1) cloverfield
2) Deathproof
3) no country for old men

Oh and one more thing before i go...........why do i still call the place where you rent films ....the video shop. They have not stocked videos for years.

American Gangster and Legend today. They were both .... um... adequate.

red_tom

mickle said:
American Gangster and Legend today. They were both .... um... adequate.

Is that I am Legend with Will Smith or Legend, the 1985 Tom Cruise film where he prances around with dodgy teeth and Tim Curry has huge horns?

girofan

If you all find Hollywood films inadequate why not try some World cinema titles.
The Spanish dirctor Almaldovar has made some great films. Also the new wave of South American films are worth a punt! Don't forget Italian and French classic releases, such as "Bicycle Theives". Even after 55 years this film still stands-up.
Go on what have you to lose?

Maz

Guru
I only recently watched "Twelve Angry Men" (1957, Henry Fonda) and I found it a thoroughly absorbing film.

got-to-get-fit said:
why do i still call the place where you rent films ....the video shop. They have not stocked videos for years.

probably for the same reason that computerconsole games are called video games. which is no reason at all.

Maz said:
I only recently watched "Twelve Angry Men" (1957, Henry Fonda) and I found it a thoroughly absorbing film.

Ditto. It's one of those 'classics' that can pass you by for years and years, but once you finally start watching it for the first time, it really pulls you in.

Melvil

Maz said:

A real classic. Fave moment for me, the wobbling knife in the table!

Melvil

beanzontoast said:
Video comes from the Latin 'videre' meaning 'to see', so is quite appropriate to DVD, 'video' and computer games.

Well aren't we the smart one! :biggrin: - shall file away for future factoid chat!

Top Bottom